Welcome to my Parlour ...

Parlour -
A reception room in a private residence.

In this case, the private residence would be the recesses of my mind ...
which can be, at once, a wondrous and a terrifying place to be.
A place of confusion and fear, doubt and despair as I daily tackle the mental health challenges which are my birthright and curse.
But also a place of glorious imagination and profound Faith borne from the wellspring of my lifelong spiritual quest for understanding and self-mastery and the power, subtle and real, this Path has granted me.

This Parlour, then, would be that little space where the outside world may meet MY reality.

Truly, there's no telling what one may find posted here.
Ultimately this space is for myself, although others are welcome to stay a while provided they don't mind the spider.

~ Go dtugtar breith orainn dá réir ár ngníomhartha. ~
(Let us, by our actions, be judged)

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Susurration

Early morning at work and I'm listening to the sound of the rain as it falls on my van ... I, not being a fan of getting wet, stay cozy and dry if not exactly warm in the driver's seat while I wait for my shift to be over. 

A sudden shift to hail makes me grateful that I am so ensconced. 

Welp, I survived another FeBlueAry and made it almost all the way through March without too many mental hiccoughs on my part. Jys' mother passed away a few days before Llethander's birthday. A blessing for her but rough on J who has never lost anyone near to her before. Jys is doing ok ... as well as can be expected considering and is making decent progress assimilating and really processing the fact that her mom is really gone. 

We have the cremation tomorrow morning and the memorial on Friday at 4pm at the same funeral home that handled the kids' father. So at least I don't have to worry about their professionalism and respect for the remains.

Medication is my friend. It pays to recognize and understand that I'm broken and not care about the supposed stigma of pharmaceutical neurotransmitter replacement. I saw a cross-stitch picture the other day that read: 

If you can't make your own neurotransmitters and endorphins, store bought work just fine. 

I love that saying so much for its simple truth.

My crafting mojo is MIA, has been for well over a month now. Just can't seem to bring myself to pick up hooks, needless, spindle or wheel. I want to, have a couple of WIP that is really like to see moved to the finished stack but they sit in their project bag or on the seat beside me while they wait for ??? 
No clue what I need to get past this but I really need to get making again.

Have an idea for a marionette that I'm trying to get designed, but it's just not coming easy. Hope to have something to show sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment